This document is an instruction guide, designed to walk you through using the encompass Demo. This environment is an exact replica of the functionality in the ‘live’ system. However, all reports you run are at no cost and the data you will use is only a sample of what can be achieved using the real registers and live databases of the authorities we partner with.
The tables below provide a series of ‘Example Exercises’ which you can complete, in order to experience the basic functionality that encompass has to offer. Specific ‘search data records’ are listed within each exercise, for the different ‘search types’ available. Use these records and follow the corresponding ‘instruction steps’ provided. You will not be able to deviate from the steps and search criteria to use.
Using this scenario, the following searches and steps will showcase all the key features of encompass.
You are reviewing an application for a loan received from William White for his company P.W White and Son. You wish to confirm the status of this company and identify any other companies William White has an interest in.
You commence your research by undertaking an ASIC Company Current & Historical Extract, followed by an ASIC person current & historical extract on William James White.
You also note that ASIC lists Mr. White with an address in Templestowe, Victoria. You undertake a Land Title search on his address to confirm if the title for this property is held by Mr. White.
|ASIC Current & Historical Extract||White and Son||
|ASIC Person Current & Historical Extract||William White||
|Check the Details and Add a Note||Workman Canowindra Pty Ltd||
Note: The Company Status (hence the warning alert on the entity in the chart)
3. Add a Note to alert your colleague who will review the file.
4. Close the Details
|Land Title Address Search||13 Little Valley Road, Templestowe||
|Manual Merge||Duplicate entities for 13 Little Valley Road, Templestowe||
|PPSR Organisation Grantor Search||Workman Canowindra Pty Ltd||
Note the difference between the two features. The details panel now has information related to Workman Canowindra Pty Ltd.
5. Right-click and select Follow-on Search
You can also click on the Follow-on search button
6. Select a PPSR Organisation Grantor Search
7. Purchase both of the selected reports (ACN and Name). You can select to Retrieve the PPSR certificates now - check this option.
8. Click Submit
9. Open the Chart view
10. Apply a hierarchy layout
|Filter the Chart||You want to focus on a specific subset of the data||
1. Click on the More Toolbar button
2. Select Chart Filter
3. Expand the Reports section at the top of the Filter panel
4. Uncheck all the reports except the PPSR
5. Close the Chart Filter panel
6. Click on the Collapse Toolbar button
7. Apply a hierarchy layout
You can now see all the Assets grouped by Secured parties.
8. Right-click on the PPSR Crops Regsitration group
9. Select Expand
10. Apply a hierarchy layout
You will now see the crop registrations un-grouped.
|Retrieve PPSR Certificates||
11.Open the Documents view.
15. Display the Documents in a List
17. Click on the All Documents dropdown list (top of the screen)
18. Select PPSR Search Certificates
19. Select all the certificates - check the box adjacent to the Description heading
20. Click on Download Combined Reports
Note: encompass also includes a PPSR Summary report as well as an Excel spreadsheet with all the PPSR Registration details.
|Share the Workspace||
This will copy the link to the clipboard. You can paste it in an email to send to a colleague. Depending on the link you copy, the recipient will have read-only access or read and write.