encompass Search Categories
Company Business Search - Example
The Company Business Search provides information on organisations and business names recorded in ASIC registers.
Some of the organisation types that can be searched include:
- business names
- registered bodies
- foreign companies (some foreign companies are registered with ASIC for reporting purposes)
- managed investment schemes, and
- non-registered entities.
The information you receive will depend on the type of organisation you are searching for and can include; current business name details, former State and Territory registration details, address details including principal place of business and registered address, business name holder details and office holder details.
Company Current Extract
This report provides current company details such as ACN, ABN, registration date, current address details, office holders and their roles such as Directors, Shareholders and Company Secretaries. Any external administrators (if applicable), auditors, share information and a list of documents registered with ASIC such as ASIC Forms.
Company Current and Historical Extract
This report identifies all the Current Company Extract details as shown above, as well as historical details for each category of information.
Company Relational Extract
This report will provide the following details where relevant;
- Companies in which the subject corporation is a member (only the top twenty members),
- Companies for which the subject corporation is the Ultimate Holding Company,
- Corporations for which the subject corporation is a director,
- Foreign companies for which the subject company is a local agent,
- Financial Services licenses held by the subject company,
- Financial Services representative roles held by the subject company,
- Auditor roles in Financial Services licenses held by the subject company,
- Securities dealers licenses held by the subject company,
- Securities investments advisers licenses held by the subject company,
- Futures dealers licenses held by the subject company,
- Futures advisers licenses held by the subject company.
- Managed Investment schemes for which the subject is the responsible entity.
The report includes; current organisation details, roles in other organisations, previous roles in other organisations, and previous shares and interests held.
Note, that this report does not include office holders.
If you search for an ASIC Relational Extract and one is not held by ASIC, you will not be charged for the search.
ASIC Person Current and Historic Extract
This report provides current and historical details on an individual, such as name, current and historical roles held, including current and previous address details.
ASIC Person Banned and Disqualified Reports
The Banned & Disqualified search provides information about people who have been disqualified from involvement in the management of a corporation, or banned from practicing in the financial services or credit industry.
ASIC Company Documents
With a company on your chart, you can request Company Documents by right-clicking on the Company icon.
You will receive images of the Company documents. Encompass Types of Searches
AFSA (Previously ITSA)
AFSA Persons Bankruptcy Check
You can perform an Insolvency and Trustee Service Australia (ITSA) bankruptcy search of the National Personal Insolvency Index (NPII) database to see details on bankruptcies recorded against individuals.
The search result provides the following information for individuals listed in the database, although not all data may be held by ITSA for each individual. The information includes:
- Date of Birth
- Date of Death
- Occupation or Business Details
- Administration Numbers
- Type of Order
- Dates of Bankruptcy
- Date of Entry on the NPII
- Petitioning Creditor's & Solicitor's Names
- Court Reference
- Dates and Hearing Results
Note, that a red warning symbol is applied to the Persons icon when there is a bankruptcy history. This symbol does not indicate that the person is currently bankrupt.
Document icons are linked to the Person in your chart with a red cross or green tick to indicate whether a match was found in the registry. Encompass Types of Searches
PPSR Organisation Grantor Search
This searches the PPS Register for registrations listed against Organisations based on their Name (current and former), ABN and ACN. This search allows you to conduct a Name (current and former), ABN or ACN search together with the option of also purchasing ASIC current or ASIC current and historical extracts on the company.
This search will return a PPSR Summary document for each search conducted, PPSR Search Certificates for each result and Attachments to those certificates when available from the PPS registry. Encompass also adds an Excel Spreadsheet which contains a record of each security and which also automatically updates with every subsequent PPSR search in your workspace.
PPSR Filtered Organisation Grantor Search
A PPSR filtered Organisation Grantor Search is a Grantor Search on an Organisation where the searcher can specify the registrations for specific collateral classes and other criteria that they wish to include or filter out of their search.
PPSR Person Grantor Search
This searches the PPS register for all registrations that have an exact match against your search criteria which must include given name , family name and date of birth as mandatory fields.
If you are intending to search using an individual’s details you must have an authorised purpose to search. Generally, the person/s that can search the PPS Register are an:
- Individual with their consent
- Individual or organisation needing to decide whether to provide credit to a person or organisation
- Individual or organisation needing to decide whether to invest in, with or through a person or organisation
- Individual or Organisation needing to establish if personal property is subject to an existing security interest.
PPSR Registration Number Lookup
Search the PPS Register by the PPS Registration number.
PPSR Motor Vehicle
Search the PPS Register for a Motor Vehicle by entering the VIN number.
Company Land Search Lookup Title and Deed
A Title Search confirms the current owners of a property and shows any registered interests affecting the property such as a mortgage or easement. You may need to perform a Land Title Lookup first in order identify the title number.
Person Land Search Lookup Title Deed
This search provides details on Land Titles (property) held by an individual. Users need to select the State in which to conduct the search.
Land Title Reference Lookup
Search for the Owner of a property by Reference Number.
Land Search Lookup Title Deed
Search for the Title Deed of a property by its address.
The GDC (Global data Corporation) Personal Verification uses publicly available sources to perform
a "minimum KYC (Know Your Customer)" check. There are 8 data sources checked by this product, where a successful verification is reported if:-
- A match on name and address is obtained on (at least) one data source
- A match on name and date of birth is obtained on (at least) one data source
This search can only be conducted on People.
Data sources include:-
1. Australian Citizen File (requires Last Name, Postcode)
The name, residential address and date of birth of persons who currently reside in Australia.
2. Australian Property Owner File (requires Last Name, Postcode)
The names and addresses of residential persons in Australia that have made a property purchase, including some of their co-inhabitant family members.
3. Australian National Telephone Directory (requires Last Name, Postcode)
Derived from the Integrated Public Number Directory (IPND) which is an amalgamation of all Australian telephone carriers.
4. Australian Telephone Transaction History (requires Last Name, Postcode)
Created from an analysis of historical data contained within a national telephone database compiled and maintained by GDC, on phones registered at an address for a consecutive period of 3 years or more.
5. Tenancy File (requires Last Name, Street Name, Postcode)
The database contains the name, and date of birth of persons who rent property in
6. ASIC People Search (requires First Name, Last Name, Date of Birth)
The name and date of birth of all persons who are registered as directors or company officers with ASIC.
7. GDC Australian Historical File (requires Last Name, Street Name, Postcode)
An analysis of historical data contained within the Australian Citizen File derived from historical databases held by GDC, augmented by third party sources such as change of address data, data pooling and other public sources.
8. Data Cooperative (requires First Name, Last Name, Street Number, Street Name, Postcode)
The name and residential address of persons who currently reside in Australia derived from a range of organizations that collect the data directly from their customers and share the data for identity verification purposes. In addition, the database is comprised of records of persons who have made financial commitments to commercial organisations.
RP Data offers a range of real estate based data products that can be incorporated into the Encompass chart, including:
1. RP Auto Val
This product performs an automated valuation of a property. This can be launched from the menus or from a right click on either a Location or Property icons.
2. RP Property Report
This product focuses on a property, providing comprehensive details which can include legal property characteristics (e.g. number of beds/baths/car spaces/floor space, lot plan details, titles, etc.), the owner, the vendor (and any relationship between them), the agency (and agent) brokering the sale, sales, listing and rental histories, photographs, aerial and cadastral maps, and more.
In addition, to the Property Report, the Owner and Vendor (either of which may be a person or organisation), plus the relationship between them (if one exists), will be added to the chart.
3. RP Property Profile Report
The Property Profile Report is a comprehensive report, combining both the Auto Val and Property Reports, and includes comparable sales, rentals and listings, as well as a profile of the area.
Please sign in to leave a comment.